Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last year I got my first try first buck with the mosin nagant...this year I am trying again same way but my girlfriend is trying for her first and all I have for her to use is the SKS///cant afford much for a scope..at best I will get a 40$ scope ...any advice on good ammo or inexpensive scope brands????

·
Registered
134 Posts
try a tasco i'm a bushnell and burris guy but i do have one tasco and i like it i've hunted with it for 12+ years and have taken most of my deer and two hogs with it good luck to both of you

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I believe that you can't go wrong with Remington core lokt ammo. It has been serving hunters for decades. With a little shopping I think you can still find it for $15.00 a box on sale.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I'll second what su106 & HM have already said. I have one rifle with a Tasco 3x9x40 scope and have successfully hunted with it for several years. As for hunting with Core Lokt ammo -- That's all I use.

SKS -- 7.62x39? Go to Cabelas.com. I just looked at their catalog and found some in that caliber for around $13 for a box of 20. (Not Core-Lokt, but still a reputable brand.)

·
Registered
820 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts