Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im excited. just ordered it from a guy at work that also has a bow shop. i bought the one with the camo stock and weather shield barrel. he beat bass pro shops price by $30. so im paying $469 +tax. i should get it in in about 2 weeks. yall got any recommendations on a good scope i can put on it. the scope and muzzleloader will be the extent of what hunting gear i buy this year. (hopefully)

·
Registered
3,608 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
looks sharp is that the one that you change the barells on?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
still looks good:biggrin:

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have heard alot of good about the nikon omega muzzleloading scopes. Never owned it myself though. Just heresay from some hunting buddies at work.

Cheaper than a Leupold too.

·
Registered
179 Posts
my grandfathere has about 4 civil war muzzleloaders......holy cow! they weigh about 30 lbs.!

·
Registered
25 Posts
i perfer the open sites...thats just me

4 civil war muzzle loaders! i bet they are heavy. can you imagine using those things the way they did, everyday? my arm would fall off in a week!

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
did santa show up yet?wheres your new toy?:photo:

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no the guy i ordered it from said he still aint got it. he told me it was still on back order. i wish it would hurry up. getting a little close to the season.

·
Registered
16 Posts
New member introduction

Hi, I just joined today. I am an avid muzzloader shooter and hunter. Only time I take off from shooting my muzzleloaders is when I am hunting with them or turkey hunting in the spring.
I enjoy mostly the inline and have 5 models, Omega, Encore, Winchester Apex, 1 CVA model and just purchased a TC Triumph. I tinker somewhat with my flint lock and Lyman Cap and ball, but mostly enjoy the in lines.
I have been shooting the in-lines for about 2 years, so I am far from an expert.

Just shot the triumph for the first time yesterday, only 6 rounds, open sights at 50 yards. All 6 rounds in a 6 inch bull, right out of the box with 2 Pyrodex Pellets and the TC Sure Fire sabot.
You will be seeing a lot more of me on this sight.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
welcome to the site fellow hunter. my hunting load for my triumph will be the same as yours so im excited to see how it shoots outta the box.

I wish that gun would hurry up and get here!!

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well my first guy that said the triumph was on back order fell threw. he said he could not get it till oct. so i went to another guy i know and he said they were all on backorder too except for one that had not been seen on the market yet. it is a triumph with a camo stock and camo barrell. before i thought you could only get a camo stock with weather shield barrell. so i ordered it. paid him $475 tax and all. thats cheap. cant wait to get it. i guess it pays to know some folks with a dealers license. hope to get it in this weekend or monday. :pickle: :pickle:

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i got my new toy today. i like it. i have not got to shoot it yet though. ill try to upload a pic of it. its got a camo barrell too so it looks a bit different than the ones ive seen at cabelas and bass pro.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts