Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined this site, I live down here in Oklahoma and have hunted for as long as I can remember, I am 38, so its been a week or two anyway. I hunt deer, turkey, hog, coyote, squirrel, rabbit, crow, and pretty much anything else I can fit in the stew pot or that damages the farmers crops and livestock. I work alot and don't get to hunt as much as I would like, but then I get the idea most of us are in the same boat. Anyway, I hope to learn alot from you guys, and maybe pass on some of what I know to others, I hunt with a bow, rifle and muzzleloader, I am more of a meat hunter than a trophy guy but to each their own.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Hello and welcome from Ohio, I think a lot of us are tag fillers and hope to take a trophy if it happens. Sometimes the areas we hunt can't produce a trophy as some would describe one, but if you harvest a mature animal then I call that a trophy for the area. I also believe that all harvested game are in some ways trophies and need not be looked upon as anything less.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Welcome sir! Glad to have you join us. Make yourself comfortable in here and feel free to jump in any conversation anywhere.

From down here in TN.

·
Registered
517 Posts
welcome from the northeast corner of ny!! glad to have ya aboard!! i am allso a meat hunter and everything i harvest is a trophy!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Greetings from Oklahoma!! What part of OK are you from? Like Merl Haggard would say......Im proud to be an Okie from Muskogee!!

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
Greetings from Vermont, Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I live in OKC, but here pretty soon I will be moving to some land out east of the city, not quite as far east as you but at least away from the bright lights and traffic

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm New Also (Kinda)

Welcome Goose!!! I joined earlier this year but never really posted anything, so I guess I'm sort of new as well. I've actually enjoyed reading the hunting tiops and experiences that you guys post on here. Thanks, I've learned a lot and tried a few things that turned out pretty good. I'm from Red River County and I'm excited about the upcoming rifle season. I was out scouting and walking my land and honestly I saw a few does that could have been bucks, they were pretty big in size. It's my hope that I'll get a chance to take aim on something before they get pressured that on the first day. I'm not big on stands and blinds but I do at times, just to give my feet a rest. I love the hunt of stalking but it's getting more and more dangerous. I had a few situations last year where tresspassers attempted to hunt my land, showing all disregard to signs and fence. The thought of becoming a victim of a tresspassers' bullet is on my mind more often than ever. Anyway, thanks for having me and I look forward to next month.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee! I love a good crow hunt. haven't found a good reciepe for them yet but love to shoot them. :yes:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome from Tennessee! I love a good crow hunt. haven't found a good reciepe for them yet but love to shoot them. :yes:

LOL I have never tried eating vrow, even though I probably should have a few times, they are just a pest and a challenge to shoot, good practice for cover and concealment when hunting them, they have dang good eyes and seem to know what you are gonna do before you do

1 - 16 of 16 Posts