Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hunt in North and South Georgia. All of the deer I've killed are within 80 yards, and most of them within 50 yards. I hunt with a 270 and a 7mm-08 and both are accurate, great-shooting guns. I just think a different gun would be more suitable for the close-range shots that are generally available to me, but my hunting partner indicates he doesn't want to be limited by range if a longer range shot is available. Maybe I'm just trying to find an excuse to get another gun. What do ya'll think?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Ronn and wmi just like to buy rifles. They have long range rifles, short range rifles, rifles for big game and for bigger game, deer rifles, elk rifles, antelope rifles, moose rifles, mongoose rifles, and gnat rifles, just to name a few. :lol: Of course, they also have back-up rifles for all of these just in case. :lol::lol:
Sounds to me like you have just what you need, but if you want to buy a rifle... why not?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'd recommend the Barrett M82. Lol:lol:

G

·
lol yeah onehorse, its something like that. they are kinda like my kids, they are different but love them the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts