·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Awesome Buck!!! Thanks for sharing the pic with us. :thumbup:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks...I'm having some trouble determining the age of this guy. It looks to me like it's another 3.5 y/o...what do you guys think. Here's a couple more pics that may or may not help.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Kinda hard to guess at the age by these few pics,,
I'd like to see a full body view of this Buck it would make it easier to offer a guess at his age...

But If I were to guess by just these pics I would say he's only 2 years old

·
Registered
142 Posts
I agree with Bruce on this one 2 1/2 yr. old young looking in the face not battle scared from years of fighting. A nice buck none the less but he'll be bigger in years to come if he gets the chance, defintly the one you would want to be doing the breeding in any area.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
well...hopefully I will get some full body pics of this guy next time I check the camera. I Would love to think that my 2 year old deer are getting this big, but I don't think that is possible. I should have mentioned that the camera taking this pic is fairly high in the tree (~7ft) and looking down at the trail. I set it up this way to avoid the sun fading out all the morning pics...but at the same time it kinda makes the deer look funny when they are close like that. I just hope he sticks around long enough to get a good look at him. Either way, I don't think I could pass him up if given the chance. I think he would score 130 now...and he's got 30-45 growing days left.:shocking:

I think I may have a pic of him last year...but again it's a partial pic:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A friend of mine just emailed this one over...came from his camera. Wish it was mine!:thumbup:

·
Registered
142 Posts
man it looks like he's got three main beams, I wonder if he might have injured his horns when they first started growing this year great BUCK a sure enough shooter.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts