Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bow season opens tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!! gonna be out in a stand. gonna be alittle hot, and have have about 8 inches deep of water to walk through, but will be a good day regardless.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Hope you kill a whopper...or not, which ever you choose :bag:. Have a good time. Our season has been open for a week and I haven't gone yet. Maybe this weekend.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what a day. No shots for me. Saw a few deer but well out of bow range. this public land we went to was about the roughest hunt i have ever done. widde open with scattered pines. and all the water. stayed wet all day. called it quits when the lightning started about 7 pm. oh and it was about 97 degrees yesterday. Can't wait to head to the georgia lease next weekend.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When I put up a stand the other day a fawn ran up to me, only about 15 yards away. Then when I went to go check on my enclosed tower stand I opened the door to see 3 or 4 big raccoons huddled in the corner looking right at me...:shocking:
that will wake you up. lol :boxing:

·
Registered
820 Posts
Luckily it wasn't me going in there before daylight on opening morning. I wouldn't have been able to see them and they were right below my bench seat.:lol: But now I have to figure out a way to get them out....I'm thinking one of those smoke bomb fireworks and when they run out shoot them with a .22, because If I don't kill them they will just go back in there at night..we can't be having that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.