1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
yikes i would'a got bit:shocking:

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
woo hoo. I think I won spot the snake. Welcome to the woods of TN. I would not have seen it till right before I stepped on it. Then I would have proceeded to beat it with a stick till it was lifeless. I also hate snakes of the poisonous type. copperheads and rattlers in my woods.

I killed a king snake 1 time and my uncle threatened my life. Said to leave those snakes alone because they kill the "bad" ones.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like a copperhead

It is a copperhead and as you can see they are very hard to see. They don't give any warning like you might get with a rattler, that's why if I'm in thick woods I wear my snake chaps into the stand.

I only dislike the snakes I can't see.:surprised:

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
One thing we don't deal with very often is copperheads. They are mostly in the southern part of the state. There is one section of Ohio called copperhead alley its in Scioto State park close to Kentucky border. Park rangers tell people not to go in there!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Copperheads & Cottonmouths are what we have here. I'd rather run across a copperhead than a cottonmouth. Cottonmouths will hold their ground and fight you, very aggressive.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Now I have to add a snakebite kit to my pack. Thanks guys appreciate that. My eyes will be more focased at ground than ahead for deer. Wonder if those infared heat detectors would pick up snakes??? Run around looking like silence of the lambs dude.:nerd:

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
OMG that was a funny Visual picturing you with that night vision goggle on and a BOW in tow. :w00t: :w00t:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.