Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone said that after January 1st 2009 there will be a 6 month waiting period on buying a gun????? any hear/know anything about this?

·
Registered
773 Posts
sounds like a pannic statment because of the new president being democratic. but any law will like said have to go through the system witch takes time. we had that once for a very short time I do belive it was called the Braidy bill witch was later changed and now they do a background and depending on your background if you can or can't buy , buy that day, wait 1 day, or wait three days. I dont mind it if I had to wait a few days its not like I have ever wanted to buy a gun and use it the same day any ways and I think it helps keep hot heads from killing some one any ways.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Every gun I have purchased in NH has taken around 1 week. This is due to buying at Wally World on the weekend and the FBI system database being down or unmanned. I have also witnessed others getting cleared in 10 minutes during the weekdays from gunstores. Just a timing thing I guess. When I buy a gun I would really like to take it home the same day... I do not like anxiety.

·
Registered
142 Posts
No waiting in the Great State of Texas. You pass the background over the phone and walk out with it. All hail Texas.

G

·
rozman stop buying them there, that just ain't right. either that or your name is real close to someone else that isn't to buy guns. seen that happen.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
No waiting in the Great State of Texas. You pass the background over the phone and walk out with it. All hail Texas.
Same in Tennessee, it takes about ten minutes to buy a hand gun, if you pass the BG check.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts