Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Administrator
5,527 Posts
its all personal preference really. there are advantages and disadvantages to both. Personally I prefer my Compound...

· Super Moderator
8,470 Posts
Lots of decisions need to be evaluated prior to purchasing either bow. Having gone through most types of bows throughout the years, I now hunt with a x-bow as does most of my hunting family and friends. My decision to switch from a compound to a x-bow was mostly due to neck/shoulder injuries over the years. Lots of states now allow x-bows to be used during regular archery seasons, which is a giant plus. X-bows with scopes certainly help in the accuracy department especially if dedicated practice using compound bows doesn't take place. The ability to use a x-bow during regular archery seasons has kept this old guy in the woods doing what I enjoy. I would think x-bows now outsell compound bows simply because they are easier to shoot well for most hunters. If you cannot practice regularly with a compound, I'd recommend a x-bow. Go shoot at your local bow dealer and see which one you prefer.

· Registered
6 Posts
Lots of decisions need to be evaluated prior to purchasing either bow. Having gone through most types of bows throughout the years, I now hunt with a x-bow as does most of my hunting family and friends. My decision to switch from a compound to a x-bow was mostly due to neck/shoulder injuries over the years. Lots of states now allow x-bows to be used during regular archery seasons, which is a giant plus. X-bows with scopes certainly help in the accuracy department especially if dedicated practice using compound bows doesn't take place. The ability to use a x-bow during regular archery seasons has kept this old guy in the woods doing what I enjoy. I would think x-bows now outsell compound bows simply because they are easier to shoot well for most hunters. If you cannot practice regularly with a compound, I'd recommend a x-bow. Go shoot at your local bow dealer and see which one you prefer.
Thank you Hunting Man for sharing your experience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts