Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Scot and I am new to this forum. I live in the Catskill Mountains In New York and am an avid deer hunter both with Archery equipment and with Firearms.
In addition to hunting throughout all of our NY deer seasons I have hunted out of state every year for the last 15 years in Idaho. (unguided)
I have been considering hunting in Central to Western NY and am looking for information as to what area's may be better than others. Any assistance that any here can provide without divulging your own favorite area's would be appreciated.
I will be an active participant here.

·
Administrator
5,711 Posts
Greetings from Vermont, Welcome to the Club.
We have members from the area you're interested in, im sure they will be more than happy to steer you in a good direction.
Good Luck

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Hey Scot, welcome to the DHC buddy. I know for a fact that WNY has great deer herds and provides great hunting opportunity but I really have no info on where to hunt and how to get access to lands because I just hunt on the reservation and never got into hunting state land and other property. Many friends have taken great deer from the surrounding areas though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you. I have been researching the heck out of the State Land options. I am just looking to narrow my scope. I am checking in to Limited Access permits,Conservatories etc. Any thing that may have less hunting pressure. I will keep at it. Any information shared with me is very much appreciated!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Welcome Scot: I'm an Illinois flatlander but spent quite a few years hunting the St. Joe River Valley in the Idaho panhandle. By far the thickest, roughest terrain I've ever been in. Many times had elk 15 yards in front of me and couldn't see them. Rough country there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome from California, where if you shoot anything you will probably go to jail. :mellow: But, really, welcome, you will love this place and what you can take home from it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.