Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys first of all this is my first thread, so forgive me if i do it wrong.. I need some help. I injured my shoulder while firefighting,and 2 surgeries later i cannot use my bow... I need some opinons on either purchase lighter limbs or a new bow all together. My dr. advised me to take a card he signed to allow me to use a crossbow all season......but yall know how exciteting bow hunting is.. what i mean is, that i'm not to good to use a crossbow, but i've seen men hunting with a bow with only one arm...help please..His therefore yours ...........joe

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Welcome to the club preacherjoe, greetings from WNY. Sorry to hear about your injury, that's a bummer. I'm not much help here but WhiteTail Freak Hunter has just had an operation on his shoulder and could be of much assistance to you. Try sending a PM to him. Good Luck.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Hey welcome from Ohio. I would do whatever you can to continue hunting. I understand you're wanting to use a bow and if you can great, but don't rule out the crossbow, it's still hunting! I myself had neck surgery this summer and had to turn my Mathews bow down some. Things are not going to well on the healing and may force me to a crossbow as well. It's a change but we can do it! :wink:

·
Registered
190 Posts
i had just read an article about lower poundage bows and the big difference between high and low draw weights. come to find outboth high and low draw weights still end up with the same results dead dear as long as you can place you shot well. my wife has killed dear with her 37# draw weight parker. see what you can pull and then you could weigh your options from there you dont have to pull70 or 80lbs to kill dear. goodluck in your search for the answer

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
contact your local wildlife agency first to see what the minimum poundage is.in NY its 35lbs.once you know you can get a bow that weight.I know several bows are adjustable in length and weight you may want to go this route so that as you heal you can increase your draw weight.best of luck to you.My brother is FDNY so i know what you firefighters go through,God bless you all,its a tough job

·
Registered
15 Posts
sorry about you injury but at least your still able to hunt have you ever considered the draw lock that would mount on the bow you have now without sacrificing the draw weight

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
draw lock ronn:coffee:

R

·
0 Posts
YiQKoHTCTKCpW

When can you start? <a href=" http://lovl.ee/benzoyl-clindamycin-eesti.pdf ">clindamycin hcl 150 mg price take</a> “I’m going to continue to do my job the best way I possibly can and I am not going to declare tonight … that I am or I am not running for president and you know what? People don’t expect me to, they expect me to do my job,” he said.
<a href=" http://lovl.ee/low-dose-clindamycin-for-acne-tlumacz.pdf#spectacles ">clindamycin phosphate topical gel use cystic acne</a> African leaders signed a U.N.-mediated regional accord inFebruary aimed at ending two decades of conflict in easternCongo. Rwanda and Uganda both said they were committed toimplementing the pact, U.N. diplomats said.

·
Registered
5 Posts
this may not be an option but have you considered shooting south paw? may still put force on the bad shoulder but maybe less hope you figure a way out into the stand

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey sorry to hear that, last year I dislocated my elbow and i was unable to hold my bow let alone draw it back... The only reason that it no longer effects me is that I listened to everything the doctors said and still favored it even after I was 100%, basically I'm saying don't rush it. I don't know your exact situation but that's what worked for me. Best of luck. Stan-Hoyt63

1 - 12 of 12 Posts