Deer Hunting Forums banner

Indoor range.

4K views 13 replies 2 participants last post by  ronn 
#1 ·
I went over to my moms house she moved in with my sister so we rent it out now anyaway i set up up a nice little range for the bow in the basement its only 17 yards to the target but it works for me its indoors ,heated,bathroom etc i shoot about 60 arrows this morning..next year the woodland creatures better watch out Im gonna be shooting sparrows on the wing:w00t:

#3 ·
dont have that problem they do go in half the shaft though

#5 ·
what are you shooting?

G
#6 ·
70 lb PSE Xforce set at 63lbs. 29 1/2" radial weave 200 with 2" ( I think )blazer vanes and a 85 gr montec G5. I can't shorten the arrow any more or the broad head will be in the whisker biscuit. I'm kinda lanky. Use to be 6'3" in my youth.

#7 ·
Just for kicks I'd like to run my arrow's speed through a chronograph, Mathews says the q2xl at 60 lb draw, 29", 100 gr tip somewhere around 312 fps. I shoot 60 lb, easton axis 400 carbons 2" blazers with 100 gr muzzy at 28-1/2" draw. The only thing I know is you can't see the arrow in flight, even with the flouresent tips. While its a 2002 model, I can imagine the newest ones are smoking fast!

#9 ·
One of my best hunting buddys held on to his older than dirt Bear Whitetail far too long, which shot a nasty rainbow arrow. We finally got him to purchase a modern bow even though he chose a browning, he found out what speed means. Now equiped with a release/moderately fast bow/good sight, he is more confident in his shooting ability! Many years I shot takedown recurves with an arrow speed around 200fps. I thought that was fast, probably was at the time.

#10 ·
G
#11 ·
Hunting man that was my first bow , the OTD Bear whitetail II. I think my draw is 32", again I'm lanky, so I was shooting telephone poles and they had to change the cams. I put an over draw on it and lighten my arrows to what everyone was shooting. Went to get it paper tuned one year and ask them to put it over the crony. The guy laughed. When I went to pick it up he said it surprised him. it was doing 230 fps. Back then the fastest bows on the market were going only at about 280. This was a number of years ago. Funny just thought of it 230 is almost 100 fps slower than my bow today. huh

#13 ·
ronn, the model my buddy used had the wheel brackets bolted to the limbs. I think this may have pre-dated the whitetail II, not sure on that? Anyway I've seen straighter actual rainbows than that bow shot arrows. I think he shot logs out of it which didn't help matters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.