Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am new to hunting all together except that i've been turkey hunting once. I went turkey hunting during spring break of '07. I'm 16 years old and am going deer hunting this winter. I need to get everyone's opinion on what gun i should get.

Thx in advance

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
ty joel very much for the info i will definitely take into consideration everything you have said.

To answer your questions i will be hunting in Alabama. The Lowndes County area. I have a 12 Gauge single barrel shotgun and a 16 gauge single barreled shotgun that are about 45 years old :D i completely restored it myself along with the help of my dad. Although that's not the gun i went turkey hunting with. I went hunting with a Remming 270 i think (though i shot it once at a target i did not get the opportunity to shoot a turkey but i did come very very close). The guy i'm going hunting with has been hunting for probly about like 35 years or something. He has his own gun collection, a hunting club, and will be hunting on 648 acres that he owns. He will be providing me with a rifle, binoculars, and a shooting house. I just can't w8 till i go.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Actually when i went down to his farm he let me shoot his 30 06 (i think that's how you spell it; thirty ont six or something) it had not that much kick and i came 1/2 inch from hitting the bullseye twice. So i would say i'm a pretty good marksman :D. Well thx guys for the information. i can't w8 till i go hunting i know i'm gonna like it. :w00t:

Also here is a picture of the target (my first ever rifle shot at 100 yards). My 2 shots are the ones that say Evan btw; it's my name.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.