Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently moved to Idaho from Michigan, and after reading the weapons restrictions, I discovered that the TC prohunter that I bought last year is illegal to hunt with here. The law states that muzzleloaders shall be equipped with a flint, percussion cap or musket cap. 209 primers are prohibited. Also, all muzzleloaders shall have exposed pivoting hammer and have an exposed ignition system. Is there anything new out there that would comply with these regs, or am I going hunting with the old Hawken this year?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
whats wrong with the hawken?tell him hunting man:whistling:Sounds like a good reason to get a new rifle,as if ya need a reason right ,ronn,wmi,one horse and the rest of ya.you know who you are:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
790 Posts
Sounds like one of those laws that falls in that category with no hunting on Sundays. I'm not much help. I know there is a gun out there that is more modern and very accurate at long ranges but I can't remember the name of it. There was a post on this board recently about it. PRICEY but legendary accuracy.

R

·
0 Posts
yeah whats wrong with the hawkens? i have a t/c renegade in 54 good gun. besides look at all the critters out there that they don't have in Michigan.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info, I will check out the gibbs. As for the hawken, I love that gun and have kill many whitetail in MI with it. Lugging a gun around on a wet mountain all day that is hard to clean at the end of the day dosn't sound to appealing to me:wallbash:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Sounds like Idaho is keeping the muzzleloader season true to it's roots. I wonder why we have a seperate season in Tennessee for it. It should just be rifle season the MZ shoot so well.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
think of it like Christmas, sometimes you get what you wanted and sometimes you get a bad tie. You just never can be too sure what you're getting but you're always anticipating the excitement right up the the time you open it. Now whether or not you like the tie that's up to you. How's that for a flinter's analogy!:whistling::green::ph34r:

·
Registered
790 Posts
HM you, Ronn, and Joel definitely have the market on sayings. Keep them coming I enjoy the laugh.:smile:

R

·
0 Posts
:lol:so what you've done is wished for a bad tie. that way your not disappointed. shear genius hm grin:lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts