Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spent over $1000 the past year or so trying to get deer to come into my yard! I have a tripod slinging corn twice a day, lure hangers, I have tracked the woods and found trails, scrapes, etc. and applied peanut butter on almost every tree leading back to my feeder, I planted a food plot towards the end of summer (which is full and thick), I have peanut butter jars taped upside down to trees, salt blocks, mineral blocks, and applied C'Mere Dear over the ground below the feeder. This has been going on for over a year. I've seen *****, squirrels, crows, doves, foxes, you name it. But, I have yet to see 1 FREAKING DEER!! The only thing I can think of, is I have a great dane and a boxer in a 50'x50' fenced lot at the back of my property. Everyone tells me this could be why they won't come into my yard. I've also heard that once the deer realize the dogs are fenced in, they would come on into the food plot. I haven't seen them yet. No tracks or anything! I've also used doe urine. What is going on? Can any of you guys help me out?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not trying to lure them in to kill them. I just want to take pictures of them and be able to sit on the porch and watch them in the evenings. I won't even let anyone hunt on my land. I figured I clear that up real fast.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's not posted! I live in a subdivision where no one hunts. It just so happens, my lot has a lot of woods behind it and I have scouted all through them and have found scrapes, trails, droppings, etc. They are coming right next (within 20 yards) of the dog lot now. I just can't figure out why they won't come on over to the food? Who knows, maybe they are coming in there and I am just not seeing them. I am about to put up a trail camera I got for Christmas. Hopefully I may finally get to see one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just got a brand new Game Spy! 60. I will put it hopefully tomorrow. The dogs hardly ever bark. They have been in that lot for two years. The deer come close to them, but I haven't seen any signs around the plot. I gotta refill the feeder tomorrow. Then, I plan on just staying out of there for a while. Thanks everyone for your comments. Some of you guys are sensitive though. All I'm trying to do is get a few pictures!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.