Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want a tree stand and never owned one a need one under 200 dollers dont matter climer or ladder

·
Registered
16 Posts
take a look at the gorilla brand climbers they are comfortable affordable at under 200 fold down flat for easier carry and support up to 300lbs i have four and never had a problem after buying the first one i switched from summit or there is always the hang on option which are usually inexpensive

·
Registered
30 Posts

you definitely want a climber its more mobile, which makes the option of moving a stand alot easier, and i agree the gorilla stands are great quality for under $200

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
I know your pretty young dylan and Im not trying to sound like a grumpy old man but GET some help if you go with a climber. You got to find a tree and practice a few times before you head into the woods. Get your dad or someone to watch you do it a few times until your comfortable with it.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I cast my vote for a ladder stand. Safety is very good with them and many are under $200.00. They are very easy to set up and will go up into just about any tree. I use two ladder stands every hunting trip. They now make 20' ladder stands if you want that height.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Same thing with 2 hang-on stands with 2 sets of climbing sticks.. I wouldn't recommend the small gorilla's hang-ons to a new hunter though. Small platform and nothing around you but air...

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
yep i second the ladder option and the wal mart deal.if you can wait till the end of this season you can get them half price.hunt from the ground for now

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have a gorrilla climber and it is a great buy!has a large platform comfy seat and comes with a safety harness. Ladders are great but climbers allow you to move very easily because of wind or game movement.Good Luck!

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Deerless, ladders are very easy and fast to move. I remove two ratchet straps and down it comes in less than 1-1/2 minutes. Most times i just leave it assembled to carry it to next tree if its only a short move, other wise I'll ratchet the three sections and go. Pretty fast. If you can come down a tree with a climber faster and (safer) than that I need a climber. When I look at climbers they look like their for the younger crowd, not sure how much effort is involved. Ladders only draw back is height, but they can go in any tree. Climbers need clean trees, not the kind I hunt in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts