Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i dont use bait its illegal here you may want to check before you do it.You need to make sure the wind is in your face.you have to be scent free.and you have to sit still.these 3 things are more important than any trick,tool,or bait.Get some binnoculars and scan the whole area slowly looking for parts of a deer not a whole deer.Keep trying.the more time you spend the more experience you get.It took me years before i killed my first deer so keep at it and keep scent free

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
You may want to build some type of ground blind, sticks weeds anything local, to hide your movements. Sometimes a 20 yd shot is better than a 10 yd shot because the deer may not be focased on you and allow a more relaxed shot. Like others have said you have to be scent free, that means everything. If you can get up in a tree things should be a bit easier for you. Some times bait makes the deer more nervous.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.