Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:pickle::pickle:Well today was me going to Spirit Quest Archery for the first time since my surgery in November. I arrived at 11:30am and left there about 2:30pm....

Keeping right along with my old pace at 10, 20 and 30 yards.

My left shoulder feels like I just had a solid hour work out on the pully weights at PT but this was my workout today at 60# draw.

The doctor had told me I probably wouldn't be able to draw a bow after surgery.... am I excited....

Oh I am so excited... heck I'm 52 and I feel like breast feeding baby in a room full of topless women excited.:pickle::pickle:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
congrats man i know the feeling.when i could finally shoot again i was so happy.just wait till you get a deer you'll be ecstatic.congrats again

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will be heading back to the indoor range tomorrow, and now mentoring a friend of mines 16 yr old son who wants to get into shooting bow. I am taking Brandon with me tomorrow so he can get measured up for draw length and see what kind of bow he should get.

Glad his mother trust me :coffee:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Good for you.some people talk about the future of hunting others like yourself are doing something

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got back from Spirit Quest Archery with Brandon..... He's hooked :lol:

Got the price list for his mom, and they can set Brandon up with the PSE Brute, CX arrows and all the equipment that he needs. So now his birthday is Mar 9th.

A bit of practice with one of the shops Genises bows set up with a sight etc... Brandon hit the bullseye at 5 yards 3X which is not bad for a kid who never has shot or handled a bow before.

He's hooked and was so happy.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
way to go.those genises 's are nice.hope he sticks with it

·
Registered
14 Posts
good to hear

Glad you are doing better but please be careful and not let your excitement over cloud your doctors advice. So be careful and not over do it for a while. Good Luck. P.S. been there done that!!!:lol::lol:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just got back from my doctor/surgeon, and he said my mobility is doing so good that he does not need to see me back for like 4 to 6 months. He did say, what ever your doing in your regiment independant training to keep on doing it.

He did say that he thought for a man my age, that my recovery would have been much longer. :pickle:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.