Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have hunted a particuliar area for the last 15 years with success. Through another forum I find that a guy has advertised "The best place to deer hunt in NH" on Craig's List. The guy basically gives coordinates and directions to a great hunting spot that I found on my own and wants to charge people $1 for the info. I worked hard to learn this area and now I feel the place will be stampeded by orange coats.

This land is public for all to use but when a guy tries to electronically guide hunters to a certain spot and make money...well thats just wrong.
I sent the guy an e-mail and read him the riot act. I think he may have a grudge with another hunter in this spot and this is his way of getting him back. I am interested in the thoughts that other members may have on this tactic. Check out the link below.

http://nh.craigslist.org/spo/868204687.htmlhttp://nh.craigslist.org/spo/868204687.html

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
Flag his post If we all do it it should get taken off
If it is public land & he does not own it it may be illegal to be doing what he is doing I am going to flag it now

Update:
People beat me to it it is already flagged for removal
I should try that sell info for a great hunting spot (Elm St Manchester)
Boy I would have to get a bullet proof vest

·
Registered
562 Posts
That sucks...better start looking for a new spot. I always like finding and exploring new hunting grounds. You never know what you might find.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
ohhh that makes me mad

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dont quote me but he may get into trouble if the authorities were notified. I believe by giving info like that he could be consider an outfitter. No business license, no insurance...Doesnt sound good. Anyway, he needs to be staked in the center of the land and have doe pee poured over him...lol

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Buckfever, don't go too far, those Vermont people suck the tourist money every year out of folks just to look at dead leaves in the fall. :zzz:At least here in N. Ohio we have miles and miles of corn fields to look at, and throw in some soybean fields what else would one want?:crazy:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts