Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I had acquired a drake wood duck so I guess now I will have to call the taxidermist, and no I did not shoot it out of season.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
sooooooooooooooooo,howd ya get the duck?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Wood ducks make great mounts. I have one standing on a piece of driftwood on the firepalce mantel. I'll try to post a pic sometime.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haven't you guys heard of that special April season,just kidding. I was driving down this one road with deep and wide ditches filled with water, there are ducks and geese everywhere and this one must have decided that it was just his time to go and it flew into a car. It only had a broken neck everything else is in perfect condition. Oh yeah I did not see the duck commit suiced I came along about a half hour later. And just in case you are wondering "no I don't drive around looking for roadkill". I was just lucky

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a cool looking mount mine will look something like that but it will be on one foot and the head turned back.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
pretty birds almost all waterfowl drakes are good looking,cant wait to see the mount

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.