Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Deal is,We're taking my little brother with us hunting tomorrow and there's a 80% chance of Rain in the morning all thru 2pm...

With the rut in full swing here,Will the rain effect the Deer?and doe's anyone gotta any tips about hunting in the rain?

We'd set up some doghouse blinds back before bow season in some good places..Soo,is there any good tips or anything I could know?

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
In my experience bucks will move in rainy weather. Like you said the rut is in full swing there and bucks have but a couple months out of the year to get their freak on so I don't think a little rain will stop them. If you can try doing an all day sit because the bucks can and will move all throughout the day. If your little bro can hang for awhile give it a shot.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks...

we're planning on staying out all day...and we're all getting ready for it..Me,My Uncle are fixing some food up for it...Gonna try and get him his first Buck in the same place I got mine in...

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
are you made of sugar?no .then you wont melt put on some rain gear and hunt

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
yeah i agree... you gotta hunt even if it rains.

thunderstorm than yeah go home. just a little rain. tough it out

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
yeah i agree... you gotta hunt even if it rains.

thunderstorm than yeah go home. just a little rain. tough it out
:goodposting: Well Said...Id like to also add that Cover scents aren't an issue during a light rain...
during a light rainfall Deer rely more on their eyes and ears because with Rain the nose just doesn't do the trick..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
omg...We got him back there 2 hours before daylight and the rain had stopped..We setup on a little creek crossing between 3 hills....Before it was even daylight it seemed every deer was down in there....We had to come out a couple of hours ago because of some lightning..

·
Registered
31 Posts
:goodposting: Well Said...Id like to also add that Cover scents aren't an issue during a light rain...
during a light rainfall Deer rely more on their eyes and ears because with Rain the nose just doesn't do the trick..
i'd also like to add that if your on the ground in the rain you get beautiful tracks in the mud and since the fallen leaves are wet you dont make a racket walking around :wink: soo just make sure that they cant see you....

if anyone would like to debate this i'd be willing to support opinion :boxing:

·
Registered
71 Posts
My Friend,

You will have questions your whole life long if you become a real deer hunter. That is what will help you learn. A smart old buck can make even the best hunters ask questions.

You will learn.

AJHunter

·
Registered
29 Posts
all i want to say is if it is the rut the buck isnt going to stop for nothing. i shot a buck the was chasing a doe and as soon as a hit him he kept his mond on one thing.. the doe. so i say not matter what always go during rut.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts