Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you all use a rifle to hunt deer down there we got some areas that we cant but most of the state we can use our rifles

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
yep we got 3 different seasons down here in tennessee. we start with bow then go muzzleloader/bow then go bow/muzzleloader or gun. then after the first part of the season we go back to muzzleloader for a week, hit muzzleloader/bow for another week and then all 3 again to finish out the season. needless to say we usually get to hunt prob 7 weeks out of each season with a rifle.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow first we have our bow season for 2.5 months then we have our gun season and you can use any type of gun exept in the areas that are shotgun only then for a week we have our ML season then to end the whole deal we got bow season for another month. So we can hunt for a total of3.5 months.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
naw in my experience with a 30-30 not alot of kick. but when i was a younger dude i remember being to comfy with one and holding it to loose and taking a scope to the top of the nose. funny now that i think about it

·
Registered
3,608 Posts

i got a30/30 lever.i love it.up here most shoots are under 100yrds in the woods.with that new hornady ammo it shoots real flat.yeah your right about the kick or the lack of it i should say.makes shootin a pleasure.i also got a50 cal cva muzzle.:bye:

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
hey joel i heard with the new hornady ammo you can get alot more distance with a 30/30. you tried it at the range at long distance yet?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello

Hi I am new a just wanted to say hello. I love deer and bear hunting a travel lots of places to do both. Not only do I love archery hunting but gun hunting also. Any questions feel free to ask.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
I got a rem 243 i use my uncles muzzeloader sometime and a new diamond bow.
im considering a 243 for my wife or daughters. i think that would be a good chioce for there age and body size.

and oh yeah welcome aboard padeerslayer. you got to take a bear yet?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Welcome to Deer Hunter's Club padeerslayer! Great to have you here! If you would like, you may want to take a moment to introduce yourself in 'The Lodge'. May your hunting be successful.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Welcome pa. Hope you enjoy this site. You will find we are just a bunch of common folks who enjoy hunting. Notice you are from PA. What part?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
not reallyat long range however i use to use remington ammo and the point of impact changed i had to readjust the scope.maybe ill go to the range and try some longer distance.i got it sighted for dead on at 100yrds we really dont have alot of open woods around here all woodlots are pretty dense so most shots are 50yrds:pickle:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
rifles

oh yeah a cuople 22s a 12 and a sks :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts