Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I believe that Montana has more huntable big game species than any other state, including Alaska. I may be wrong on this, and, yes, I am bragging about this state (as usual). Anyway, here's a list: whitetail deer, mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, bison, big horn sheep, mountain goat, black bear, mountain lion. FWP has scheduled a wolf hunt, but most likely there will be some litigation on this this by the bunny-huggers, so we'll have to wait and see. Oddly, although hunters can shoot lots of doe deer, only one buck (EITHER whitetail OR muley) is allowed per year, and getting a license for some of these animals requires getting into a drawing (and being very lucky) but no one is complaining. Of course, we also have coyote, fox, the usual small game, upland birds, turkey, and great wildfowl hunting. I guess I should mention "Blue Ribbon" trout fishing, pike, walleye, etc. So many species - so little time! Hunters' paradise, or what? :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Hunters paradise is right. I stand behind that claim even though I've never been there. I've heard that from many a people about that state.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
one of these days im gonna be knocking on your door.you better not turn off the lights and hide behind the sofa:biggrin:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts