Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of yall other hunters ever do this? Hunt so much it loses its thrill for a couple weeks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
not yet but my dad and bother have. i geuss because i get to hunt in spurts. i take a week off here and there and don't get to hunt much inbetween other than weekends. and then everybody and thier mother is in the woods and the deer are freaking out at every little noise and movement

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Never, even though this season I was out 95% of the time man I just keep going at it and getting nothing but excuses, Yeah Buck, excuses LOL.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
sometimes at camp you have a little too much fun one night and you dont feel like getting up at 500am other than that the occasional storm slows down my enthusiasm

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
Any of yall other hunters ever do this? Hunt so much it loses its thrill for a couple weeks.
I hear yer pain man, I'm hunting in Vermont, EVERYBODY knows how thin the Vermont Deer herd is,
it's like hunting 100,000 acres that only holds 10 deer It does kinda kill a thrill sometimes.. :sadbanana:

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I know the feeling, sometimes I just want to get home and have the labs crawl all over me. I enjoy the time with old hunting buddies more than any deer. I guess that tells you I have more years behind than I have ahead of me. Happy New Year! May the Hunting Gods shine on all of us in 2008!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Ya know what else kills the thrill, when you are competing with wolves. The place I like to bowhunt is so far north (not that I mind it's just the gas prices are "nuts")there is more hunters than people out there.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I know what you mean, I hunted so much in late Oct and November I was ready to hang it up for a while. I'm ready to go now just waiting on the juvinile hunt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts