Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lining up my order from Track of...today, and I came accross this quote in the cleaning jag item: "Never use a dry patch. It may become stuck." Ok, in my CVA Optima, I have always used the cleaning jag to dry patch. (By always, I mean this year, since this is year#1 for me with guns in general) What tool do they expect you to use to send a dry patch down bore?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, since no one has said they ever got a dry patch on a cleaning jag "stuck" in the barrel, then I am going to just ignore the warning. I mean, come on, if it never happened to anybody (on this forum anyways), or if no one ever heard of it happening to anybody, then I don't think I need to worry about it.

I'll just keep it in mind if it's a real tight fit, and that unlike my break-action Optima, there's only one way in and one way out.

·
Banned
611 Posts
I dont use any lube in the bores of my guns. If i do, i will use something like montana xtreme gun oil or their bore conditioner. As of now, i clean with birchwood casey 2in1 bore scrubber and thats it. Has a built in rust prohibitor. I however shoot blackhorn209 which cleans up like a smokeless powder and doesnt turn my bore into a hard crusty mess.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.