Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Could give me the model number? I'm not sure where the safety is, if there is a safety. It could be a crossbolt safety on the trigger guard, or it could be a safety on the side of the receiver.

·
Registered
820 Posts
If its a newer gun its probably the 915Y. The safety is a little "switch" that is on the right side of the receiver behind the bolt handle. I believe you push it forward to take it off safe and have it in the back position for safe.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
this has got to be a joke. if you dont know were the safty on your gun is you should not be out hunting with it. sorry if that sounds mean, but its for your own safty, and the safty of others hunting the same area. pluss you realy owe it to your game (the deer) to kill it in the most humaine way possible, and if you dont even know were tha safty of your gun is there is no way that you have had enuff practice with it to enshure a good, on target shoot. not to mention that a .22lr would only kill a deer if it was placed in the perfect spot. with it you will just hurt the deer. again sorry i dont mean to be a jurk i just dont think it is right to go out into the woods looking to shoot something without doing everything possible to ensure a safe day of hunting, and a clean kill if you get the chance to shoot one, and right now you are setting yourself up for failure.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
get someone you know who knows what they are doing to take you to the range, get to know your gun, and the basic ways it and other guns work, nuy a bigger gun (many great options out there). get to know it, sight it in, and then you will be ready to hunt with it.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
find out how to use your .22 and then go squirrel hunting or coyote hunting first. Get a feel for hunting outside and handling a gun. Then you will be more comfortable moving to something with a little more kick and then the focus can shift to deer. It would extremely unethical to go deer hunting w/a .22

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.