Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hornady XTP.240 & T/C Super Glide Sabots

Hello,I am brand new here and have a question. I bought this combination from local gun shop and did'nt notice the the size recomindation on the sabot pack. The combo shoots very good out of my CVA accura with 100grs Pyrodex loose powder,but after shooting about 20 rounds I noticed the sabot size says .451 to .452 and the XTP 240 is .430.

My question is am I in any danger with this cobo.? Thanks.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Quick responce, the bullet has to be under caliber to fit in and allow the sabot room to load, which is more close to the barrel measurement. others will have a better techno answer but this should aleviate your concern. Just make sure the sabot is the correct one for your rifle, the package will say what its for. Don't use a 50 cal sabot in a 45 cal rifle ect. I haven't experimented too much but my 50 cal TC triumph likes TC 250 gr shockwaves with the super glide sabots. Barnes bullets/sabots 50 cal have .451: bullets also shoot very well from the TC. Precision Rifle bullets 260gr utalize a 44 cal bullet in a 50 sabot their claim says open country shots out to 275 yds.

·
Banned
611 Posts
You'll most likely need the green crush rib sabot in .429 - .430" diameter. Just worked up a load with the .429" hornady xtp in the green crush rib sabot for my Accura. WOW!

·
Registered
51 Posts
you answered your own question. yousay they shoot very good then keep shooting them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts