Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed this discussion in another thread and thought I would bring it out for all of us to see..

What weapon do you have next to the bed in case a moron decides to break in.

All I have is a 12 gauge pump. which would work fine if I hear them before they get in the house. Close range though I may be struggling.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
I have my S&W Sigma .40

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
I'm going to a Gun show next Saturday the 17th..,
Ronn you'll be interested in hearing If one of the dealers has a "Judge" I'll probably be bringing it home with me (depending on price of course)
I've been wanting one for awhile now. :w00t:

The Taurus Judge

The Judge Video Advertisement

G

·
Bruce they do seem to fit the bill. 410 at 7 yards what a mess. This gun was built for personal and home defence and I have no doubt it'll do the job. Although Taurus isn't atop my list of manufacturers, they got something here.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
12 pump with 00 buck and slugs alternated in the 6 rounds:shocking:

·
Registered
53 Posts
12 pump with 00 buck and slugs alternated in the 6 rounds:shocking:
I hope those are the special home defense slugs and not hunting slugs. If it is a hunting slug it will go through the perp, possibly some walls and hit an innocent person (family member, friend or neighbor who came to help you).

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
bruce, where is the gun show?
I've never been a Taurus fan either, the Judge might be a new beginning for Taurus.

It's the Green Mt Antique Gun & Knife Show

January 17, 18

Sat 9am-5pm & Sun 9am-2pm
1068 Williston Rd
South Burlington, VT
Holiday Inn

100 tables. Dealers from across New England selling,buying.trading new and used guns & knifes.

They offer Free Appraising, Public Invited, Free Parking.

Directions:
2 Miles from the Yankee Sportsmen Classic. I-89, Exit 14E.

Contact info:
(802) 875-4540

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I hope those are the special home defense slugs and not hunting slugs. If it is a hunting slug it will go through the perp, possibly some walls and hit an innocent person (family member, friend or neighbor who came to help you).
criminals travel in packs so 2 for 1 is a good thing.this being NY nobody is coming to help,my loved ones are on the other side of the door:rolleyes:

·
Registered
58 Posts
i like that judge... well the mechanics of it anyways... the price and and look of the gun are definitely not in my favor... i don't know why but i really really dislike the looks of revolvers like that with the handle and all.

as for my home defense i have my 20 Ga Mossberg shotgun usually within 10 feet of my when i am in my bedroom, but i also have a .22 cal pistol that is usually on me or within my reach at all times.

once i become um more legal to own a pistol (17 more days till 21st bday) i will definitely be looking into a a lot stronger pistol

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
You guys saw what I got the wife for Christmas so if she misses I have a 357 with a 6" barrel as back up. I sure would hate to have to shoot it in the bed room though, I am sure it would cause permanent hearing loss to everyone in the house.

I'm with Bruce on the Judge, I would sure like to have one.

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
I've never really had the need for it here where I live because it's such a small, close knit community where every one kind of knows what's going on and watches out for each other. Alls I have is left hand/right hand and a block head.

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
My new Ruger .380 LCP & my mossy 12ga
My LCP is my American express I don't leave home without it
it is like an arm or a leg never to far from me

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
maybe im old school but a 12 pump or anything of the sort is sure to deter anyone from taking the tv. i mess with some guys i work with and tell them if they ever try to break into the house they wont die but with a broadhead stuck in there bottom it will make for a painfull trip to the hospital...:ph34r:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts