Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
796 Posts
I have several long arms, rifles and shotguns and one handgun. I use these for hunting mostly and target shooting. Can't quite understand people feeling the need to buy a home defense gun. Maybe it's because of where I live - not too much crime, if you need help, people give it. And when driving down a road, you can expect the driver who is approaching from the opposite direction will give a way as you pass each other. I feel pretty safe with the firearms that I have, but I don't really believe I'll ever need to defend my home from (????), and I certainly don't need to buy a specialized defense weapon for that. You guys who feel threatened and unsafe have my sympathy.

· Registered
796 Posts
I don't want to sound too naive. I know this kind of thing can happen anywhere. I guess my point is why spend the extra money on a gun you may never use when you probably already have several that can be employed if the occasion arises. In my case, the .41 magnum in my nightstand is usually carried when I'm hiking or horse riding in grizzly country, but I'm sure it would work just fine in the event that anyone tried to break in. I don't think I need a specialized "defense" or tactical weapon for that. Just my opinion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.