Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Super Moderator
8,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a gun show this weekend and i'm really thinking of purchasing a home defense firearm. I'm not interested in a hunting rifle/shotgun but an ultimate home defense weapon. If you got some ideas please send them along. I have two dogs so that area is covered. Mossberg is out. I would like lots of firepower, most likely a semi-auto, limited wall shoot through, ??? I know that says police style shotgun with #4 buck. Just thought if anyone knew of something really new/cool/effective. Thanks HM

· Super Moderator
8,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went but didn't buy. The taurus judge was 650.00 and there was two of them. The gun show had a massive turn-out of people. Not much of the ammo I was looking for, 300 sav, #4 -3" buckshot. May look online.

· Super Moderator
8,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Onehorse, this is what I am thinking. I too have many servicable firearms for this particular subject, however, when I'm doing home projects the correct tool for the job always seem to work best. When a sledge hammer is needed a 2lb ballpeen just doesn't cut it. I have a 45 and 357 loaded with in reach of the bed, and just the firing of them should deter 99% of unenvitees, but what if that didn't or I couldn't hit what I aimed at because of the dark or just missed. A short barreled 12 ga with 0000 buck will not miss if you intend to end the intrusion. Several manufactures have noticed the market for such a weapon. Here just east of Toledo isn't too bad for high crime, but it will spread as the economy tanks and I thought what would be the (best) home defense weapon/tool for the job? I'm still undecided but am leaning twords one of the new styled home defense 12 ga semi-auto's. This gun would only have one purpose but maybe the most important one of all! I already have the 0000 in stock.:whistling:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.