Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have spent the last 2.5 days rebuilding my deck. I still have two days left but have stopped to take a break .....and wait for payday. Wow, I'm not 25 anymore and holy cow does it kick my butt. It's been high 80's all weekend so that adds to the butt kicking.:green:

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
if theres no rush to finish. just pace yourself and take your time on it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
It will be fun to see the fruits of your labor. My deck needs attention too. You are going to make me feel guilty.

·
Registered
986 Posts
mine too.I already replaced all the 5/4 decking on the front deck and 1/3 of the back deck.should have got a stack of 5/4 and worked on it today,but the wife has been wanting cabnits in laundry room.I got some new ones off a job that the owner decided he didnt want anymore.Couple hours of cutting them down and alitle reconfigure them and about 30min. to install.cost nothing but my time

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
It is a fun project though right? I enjoy anything outside that deals with wood. Im fixin to start working on my fencing around my barn. Digging the post holes is what I am dreading. I am gonna have to find me an easier way than the manual post hole diggers or I will be lucky to dig one hole a week.

Good luck with the deck. Stay cool.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
I hate dealing with my deck. HATE HATE HATE it. I hate sealing it, keeping it maintained.... it just down right stinks.
If I ever build another deck, I'm going to use that decking that is not wood, but a composite material. All you have to do is powerwash it a few times a year and BOOM you're done.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Take it easy Hm and the cooler weather is coming.I agree also Tator composite is the way to go but they make you pay for the convienence its expensive.

·
Registered
986 Posts
you got that right. $16.97 for a composit 5/4X6"X8' and $4.37 for a PT 5/4X6"X8'. dont think Ill ever have any composit

·
Registered
33 Posts
Have spent the last 2.5 days rebuilding my deck. I still have two days left but have stopped to take a break .....and wait for payday. Wow, I'm not 25 anymore and holy cow does it kick my butt. It's been high 80's all weekend so that adds to the butt kicking.:green:
You should try that in Las Vegas summer heat... lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts