Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we're having a rash of break-ins in NW Ohio. Latest was just across Ohio/Mich border with 5 masked gun toting intruders. My niece's mother-in-law's home was broken into last Sunday in broad daylight. She lives about 8 miles from me. Probably a sign of the present/future times.

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
Make sure widows and doors are all closed and locked and pray to God those stupid intruders dont challenge a home thats well armed.
I hope the news agencies are reporting and monitoring the intrusions closely, keeping everyone informed and alerted is important to public safety..

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Thats scary when thieves are going in broad daylight. It shows a lack of fear and desperation also the fact that their armed.Agree with Hm about the sign of the times to come.Society to me seems to be reaching new lows everyday in the news.Plain&Simple its a sick world today.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Good friend of mine had his house broke in last week in the middle of the day. He even has an alarm system like aft or something. Said they got 14 of his long guns.

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Make sure widows and doors are all closed and locked and pray to God those stupid intruders dont challenge a home thats well armed.
I hope the news agencies are reporting and monitoring the intrusions closely, keeping everyone informed and alerted is important to public safety..
Right on BB!!!!! Economy-depression-drugs- all could be factors in these home invasions.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
pray to God those stupid intruders dont challenge a home thats well armed. .
sorry. im going to have to disagree with you. if these low lifes are breaking into homes with guns, and threataning home owners. i hope the next house they break into belongs to an x green beret with a class 3 permit and a fully ausomatic m-16a1.

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
HM hope your arsenal is all polished up would not want to see you on tv standing over your trophy with a dirty gun
That would be a pic the newspapers should print

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
sorry. im going to have to disagree with you. if these low lifes are breaking into homes with guns, and threataning home owners. i hope the next house they break into belongs to an x green beret with a class 3 permit and a fully ausomatic m-16a1.
And I agree with you too but I dont think anyone, well, not a normal human being anyway wants to be forced into killing another person
even if it is an intruder but if that's the way it has to be then so be it but
many of us would rather avoid that type of situation altogether.
It's nice to think the home owner would come out the Victor but in most cases it's the Criminals who flee unharmed. Be careful what you hope for.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Here in MO there was some break ins going on last year. Granted, I don't live in a big city,, I live in the country and the town I live in is small enough to be considered Country. What they would do is target farmers with working wives. They were hitting hard right around harvest time,, got at least 4 houses I know of. They would drive by multiple times (these houses were on gravel roads) and watch the time everyone left for the day. When the farmer was gone and wife and kids left for work and school, they would pull into the garage and shut the garage door then load up. They got one family BAD. Stole EVERYTHING of value, and I mean EVERYTHING. Even the couple of guns in an old farm truck in the shed, behind the driver's seat.... But here's the kicker... if and WHEN they do get caught.. do you really think they will be responsible for paying/giving any of this back? NO. They have to serve time in a jail or prison where they get free meals and they get to hang around their brothers/sisters/friends for a year or so and be catered to. To many, this style of life is better than what they have in the real world.

·
Registered
388 Posts
As the morality of our society degrades this type of thing is only going to get worse. We all need to look out for our neighbors.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Last year my neighbor 5 houses down got cleaned out real good. They actually parked a van with fake company markings on it in the driveway entered and cleaned the place out. No one questioned the van because it was marked! Come to find out there were a few other houses in town that had a similar break...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ya this summer while my little cousins parents were at work and they were sleeping three guys broke into their house and when the oldest one ran down stairs the guys ran thank god, also a few months later they were caught but didn't do jail time or anything they were let go for giving up some info on other crimes! And now those three kids are afraid to even stay home alone and get off the bus thank fully there grandparents live really close. Also when the broke in they called their grandparents and the grandpa went there with a gun and their grandma called the police but gave the wrong adress and sent the police on a wild goose chase.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Its folks barns around here. 2 co-workers been hit so far. One lost his zero turn mower, a honda 350 and 2 treestands. The other lost his boat.

I have since moved all my stuff into the basement except my riding lawnmower. I do at least take the key out so they would have to push that big dude on a trailer or bring a key with them.

We have adt and my stupid butt checked it out to make sure it worked last week. Woke up, wife and kids were gone. I didnt know she set it and I walked out the basement door. I couldnt hear it going off. The cops showed up at least.

If some dude walked in my house I would not hesitate to pull the trigger. I got 3 young kids in here.

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
I am with you BF I have 2 kids also I would have to pull the trigger too win or lose I feel if they are that brave to but into the house they have no issuses hurting my family so I will do my best to prevent that from happening

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
I am with you BF I have 2 kids also I would have to pull the trigger too win or lose I feel if they are that brave to but into the house they have no issuses hurting my family so I will do my best to prevent that from happening

I too have 2 kids as well and I would die if I had to in defending them and I would take anyone silly enough to enter my home with me.

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
TG I GOT IT!!!!!!!
we need to make life sized cardboard cutouts of you & sell them so people could put them in front of their windows
we clould be like Bazillionares :pickle:

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
we clould be like Bazillionares :pickle:

:lol::lol: I dont know how much that is,,,, but count me in!!

I will put in for the quailty control job! ("Yep that there poster would scare the do-do outta me and it ought to hold up nicely from your typical abuse")

HM can be our boss since he already is one.!

Tator grab a mop!

·
Registered
824 Posts
I think the biggest reason no one has even thought about hitting our house is the 70 lb poodle I have sitting in the front yard. When most people think "poodle" they think of the little 5 - 10 lb versions that sit in your lap. Make no mistake, ours would love to be a lap dog too, but having a standard poodle sitting in your lab is a bit much. Think "poodle on steroids" or just google it and you'll see what I mean.

Since moving to the country after retiring from the military, we've always had at least on poodle here on guard in the front yard. At one time we had two, a male and a female. Jet black fur, all you saw of them at night if you were a bad guy was eyeballs and teeth. <grin>

Having a really big dog in the front yard can sometimes deter someone looking for an easy mark. Just my $.02 worth on the subject.

And if they can get past the dog, like BF said "If some dude walked in my house I would not hesitate to pull the trigger."

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
If some dude walked in my house I would not hesitate to pull the trigger. I got 3 young kids in here.

I'd be so amped up I wouldn't need a gun. That guy would be hurting for awhile. The very thought of someone breaking into my house makes my blood boil. Would have to take a scatter gun with me though.... just in case there's two of 'em.... :ph34r:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts