Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a bunch of hogs on our place and want them gone.......what is the best attractant to put in the traps? ? ? Corn, I would think..........:unsure:

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Sorry Miss Droptine but I don't know a thing about hogs. However I eat like a hog most times (anything/everything) LOL

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I think they will eat about anything, I guess it's what is the cheapest. I don't know how many you are after but table scraps will definitly bring them in.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
just shoot em,they are like rats only worse.

·
Registered
221 Posts
well during deer season if you dont mind geting kinda dirty if you harvest a deer we used the guts, or any food scraps, but we didnt catch any so i dont know...you could have some good ol' fashion fun and go night hog hunting and just try and take care of em i love doing that but we dont do it that much cuz me and my dad hate messing with them after they die...they r nasty creatures bleh

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I saw a special on TV last night about the hog problem in Texas, apparently they causing considerable damage there. These guys had a wild hog rigged with some type of remote camera to try and get a pic of some monster hog.

·
Registered
562 Posts
My neighbor soaks grain (wheat I think) in water for a few days until it gets to stinkin really bad, then he takes it out to bait his traps...seems to catch some hogs, but I don't know if it is worth the smell.

·
Registered
63 Posts
pig out

i mix Pig Out with 5 gallons of corn and add a little water. then put somthin over it and let it sour all nite. we have caught several hogs like that.i

·
Registered
63 Posts
along the edge

and i almost 4got after it sour instead of putin the bait by the trigger of the trap. put it along the side on the inside. it give more hogs a chance 2 get in the trap b4 the trigger is bumped.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts