Deer Hunting Forums banner

hmmmmm

4K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Crawdaddy 
#1 ·
ok so iam 13 i dont have a dad so i get everthing by myself should i go get a cheap trail camaer for like 35$ or so or wait get two cheap ones or save up and get one nice one hmmm :thumbup:

#6 ·
I agree with buckshot, trail cams are great tools but they can only monitor one spot, Scouting the old fashioned way will give you more experience and a better understanding as to what's really going on in the woods.

#7 ·
i just went out and did so i found some realy big fresh doe tracks i mean big then in the back of the woods i found some old ok buck tracks :wacko: and i hmmm i forget there is two one is like a rube on a tree then one was on the ground well i only saw the one on the ground thats it but i dont no if i spoked the big doe and it went out or what and its not like iam a super good tracker so i think iam just going to save and wait to and see then but if u guys have any ideas tell it can only help

#8 ·
OK, sounds like you have found a trail with a scrape and a rub, good sign, now look at the weather and see which way the wind is blowing and set your self up downwind of that trail. And sit there until a deer comes by that you can legaly shoot.

Good luck and don't forget to take pictures of that big buck when you get him.

#15 ·
Urban archery is what a lot of city hunters have gone to. There are a lot of big bucks that hang around the suburbs of big cities and the typical home owner does not want big bore rifles firing off in the subdivision at 7:00 am on Sat morning. Some guys I know hunt these bucks with archery equipment.

#12 ·
actually those are due (spell) claws that are more pronounced with a heavy deer simply due to weight. The old rule was a pointed toe most likely was a doe and a rounded splayed toe represented a buck. Very hard to tell though. I thought maybe you have a sure fire way to tell! I never hunt tracks, some do but not me.

#13 ·
i agree that the cam would be low on my prioritys list, but when you get one, id get a good one. i bought one of them cheepies at wally world, and when ever it did take a pic, the deer that had triggered it was already out of the pic, so all i was looking at were woods. now it just sits at home wile my nice camera is out working in the woods.

#16 ·
I agree with all but if you do decide to get a trail camera stay away from WildGame innovations they are cheap but they are junk you can read the reviews here on DHC under the hunting gear tab
good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.