Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Friend lives on a small ranch and beside hime is the bigist Place in our area we have tryed to get ahold of the guy to see if we can hunt it. it just seems hese dead. No one is ever out there. There isnt no Trespasing signs Up. Can we hunt it? I live in Texas.

G

·
Check with your f & g on that one. There aren't many states that the answer would be yes. So play it safe and check with f & g. You can go to the town clerk and ask who owns the land. Its public record so they will tell you. You can probably get contact info as well. Thats the way I would approach it. Then ask permission to hunt. Heck while your at it ask about doing food plots to improve the land for them if they don't seem to have a problem with you hunting there and maybe posting it for them as well. it may work out well for you and them. just feel them out before jumping into asking about food plots. just be sure you let them know who you are.

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
That's good advice from Ronn, I also think you should contact the Texas Dept of Parks and Wildlife ( TPWD ) and talk to your local Game Warden for the answer. Here's a link so you can find out who your Local Texas GameWarden is. Good Luck

·
Registered
591 Posts
In KY you must have written permission from the landowner......

·
Registered
56 Posts
I agree with Ronn. Also in Tennessee you must have written permission from the landowner in your possesion at all times while on that land.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
he may live elsewhere in the country.I wouldnt trespass,Texans like their guns

1 - 6 of 6 Posts