Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have a Mossberg 500 series 20 GA combo with a fully riffled slug barell and a normal shotgun barell, i want to mount a scope on it, but the problem is mossberg makes a scope mount only for the 12 Ga modle, iv looked everywhere and cant find the mouting kit for the 20 Ga, so i need help with this, i baught the scope for it last year and i still havent been able to mount it correctly, altho i did buy the 12 gauge modle scope mounting brackets and i modified it to fit but it wasnt a clean fit and it was highly un consistant so i got rid of the 12 gauge kit... someone please help me :crazy:

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I'm having gander Mountain drill and tap the reciever on my rem express 870 then low mount it like a regular scope. I'm using a leupold rifleman built for shotguns and muzzleloaders. I will use quality rings and bases also. Hopefully it takes the pounding.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the main thing im looking for is the correct mouting kit altho i do not have the funds but it will be nice to know where to get it in the future... i have been all over the web and have found very little information if its even possible to get the 20 GA modle all iv seen is 12 Ga

·
Registered
53 Posts
I can be hard to have optics work successfully on a shotgun with a removeable barrel if the barrel does not have a cantilever mount.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts