Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lol ok so im wanting my to get my first bow. im thinking used. i want to use it on hunting. So here is what i need help with. I looking at alot on craigslist in my area so could yall help me find the perfect one for me. Im in the tulsa, oklahoma area. Thanks yall.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok so there arent very many on craigslist in my area so ebay or any other place yall would suggest for me. Thanks again.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Craigslist post ID #'s that sound like nice set ups
Those both look like good craigslist finds in your area for the money, and with cash you could probably get them both down a few bucks

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was able to pick up a Martin bow for a great price and I love it. I highly recommend a Martin bow!:thumbup:

·
Registered
773 Posts
You need to know your draw leingth! There are many bows out that the draw is not adjustable without putting in a press and changing out modules. And some of them you probably couldn't even get anymore on a older bow. If you don't know your draw, go to a bow shop they will tell you for free.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have worked for several bow companies and up until a few years ago, shot about every bow on the market. I can tell you a couple things I know for sure.

1- The best bow you will ever shoot is the bow you shoot the best.

2- I would never, ever, buy a bow I could not shoot. And I mean shoot at least 30 times before buying. If that means spending extra money or driving extra miles to get it, that is what I would do. I wouold not get a mail order bride and I would not buy a bow I had not shot.

And that, mommies and daddies, boys and girls, is all I have to say about that. :pickle:

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Unless you know your exact draw weight and length and could shoot the bow, Craig's list would be the very last place to purchase a bow from. Now, head to a Bass Pro shop have them set up a bow for you which will determine your draw weight and draw length. You then can look locate a really good bow at a great price and have a good feeling that you have done your homework, made a purchase that is with-in your budget, and will fit your needs. Down the road when the budget allows a new bow may be on the to do list. Cam design is the single biggest componet for a shooter's comfort when drawing the bow. Pay a lot of attention to the draw cycle and your comfort level. With today's bows there is no reason for a hard cam.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok so i went to bass pro tonight. Got to try alot of bows. I really like the Stinger 3G. Im actually have a 29 inch draw. So im looking for this bow. What are some good sites to look for this gun at the cheapest price possible?

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
I have worked for several bow companies and up until a few years ago, shot about every bow on the market. I can tell you a couple things I know for sure.

1- The best bow you will ever shoot is the bow you shoot the best.

2- I would never, ever, buy a bow I could not shoot. And I mean shoot at least 30 times before buying. If that means spending extra money or driving extra miles to get it, that is what I would do. I wouold not get a mail order bride and I would not buy a bow I had not shot.

And that, mommies and daddies, boys and girls, is all I have to say about that. :pickle:
I could not agree more would be like buying a car without a test driving it
Also I would check your local bow shops personally I like dealing with the local guy's over the box stores I feel the service is better & would rather give my money to a local shop

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Check archery talk classifieds its full of good bows.Guys dont ever learn to shoot a bow properly and buy a new one year after year.I got a news flash here myself included when you miss IT AINT THE BOW!

·
Registered
27 Posts
RIOT! by mission

im 14 and have the riot its a great bow gonna smack deer tomorrow! smooth draw and very manly looking! will go up to 70lbs :goodposting:

·
Registered
295 Posts
:lol: First time in my life I have ever heard a bow referred to as manly. They need to incorporate that in their ads..."It is manly, too."

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would look into either Diamond bows, or Bears. They do the work of a high end bow and they dont cost as much. they may not be as smooth but for a first bow they get the job done. The diamond Outlaw is the top seller at the store i work at.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I would check into a year or two old Bear bow. My buddy got a 2yr old model fully set up for around $300. I was never a fan of Bear Archery, but it draws smoother than my Hoyt Rampage XT, is more affordable, and shoots very well. After seeing and handling his, I have to say Bear puts out a pretty good product! Especially if you are new to the sport and are wanting to fit into your budget.

My only suggestion is shoot a TON of bows before you decide on one....each bow is different to each person

·
Registered
15 Posts
lol ok so im wanting my to get my first bow. im thinking used. i want to use it on hunting. So here is what i need help with. I looking at alot on craigslist in my area so could yall help me find the perfect one for me. Im in the tulsa, oklahoma area. Thanks yall.
Really sorry dear, i have no idea about the bow. that's why i can't share any information...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts