Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
The rut is here. Warm weather may slow down the movement but will not stop it. No matter what spend as much time on stand as possible for the next 2 to 3 weeks. Warm, rain, snow, wind, or plague of black birds------HUNT!:yes::yes::yes:

·
Registered
790 Posts
This time of year things happen fast. If you are sitting around waiting instead of doing the leg work you are going to miss the boat. Here in Md. we can not hunt on Sundays however I scouted from 8 am to 4:30 pm just to stay on top of deer patterns. While I was out I located 2 shooter bucks over 150". Not only located but visually saw them and by using the wind neither buck ever knew I was there. Success does not find you, you have to find success. Note one buck was up and moving at 1pm, the other was bedded 80 to 100 yards down wind of a main doe bedding area. On my Sat. hunt I grunted in 7 bucks between 2 and 3pm. Bucks are ready for some hunter to give him a dirt nap. I for one am not going to sit on my couch waiting to hear about someone elses luck I'm going to make my own. It only takes seconds to release an arrow or fire a shot. Now that being said how long does it take to shoot a buck of a life time. If the deer on your favorite spot are not being seen get in your truck and go somewhere else. Even if you can only get out for an hour or two my advice is do it. There is no better time than right now.:thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.