Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Agreed, here in PA not seeing much action either. I am putting out the scents, grunting, everything but taking reservations and nothing yet. I did see a 4 point on Sat come right up to my scent wick but that's it so far. I guess the trick is to just get out there...You gotta be in it to win it. Don't get discouraged and keep trying.

Incidentally, does grunting still work now that the rut is beginning? I understand bleats don't really work anymore. I just can't seem to call anything in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yea not sure I hold much value in the calls. I've tried them but to no avail yet. Just got the Deer Can call (doe in heat bleat) in a can...tried today for first time. Nothing so far. In fact haven't seen anything but a 4 point last Sat. That's it this season so far. Four days left here! Hopefully this rut starts soon!

Incidentally, did you have any scents out when this buck was in your area? Or did your in law have any scents? Just curious.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.