Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wishing everyone on here a great July 4th. Stay safe, enjoy the family and the grub.

And remember shoot the fireworks AWAY from the back deck where everyone is sitting! :thumbup:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Wishing everyone on here a great July 4th. Stay safe, enjoy the family and the grub.

And remember shoot the fireworks AWAY from the back deck where everyone is sitting! :thumbup:
Here, Here!! +1 ! One more thing I'd like to add. Spend a moment or two pondering on the deeper meanings of July 4th (yes, deeper than cold beers, picnics and fireworks...:wink:) That's the great & brave men who sacrificed much to develop their dream of a new free nation. One we benefit from, still today.

Maybe you could even propose a toast in their honor (or two, or three!!) :pickle:

God Bless the United States of America! Still, the finest and strongest nation in this world. :boxing:

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Just got done stuffing my face full of burger and brats! Next is home-made lemon and strawberry ice cream! MMMMMMMM!!!
But first,,, gotta go blow some stuff up....

·
Registered
824 Posts
"But first,,, gotta go blow some stuff up...."

They closed up all the fireworks stands after they'd been open for only two days. Couldn't take the chance of anything catching on fire. One stray bottle rocket would take out over half the county. Can only imagine if several strays landed at the same time. . . . . . One county over, they never allowed the road side firework stands to open. Sound advice as dry as everything is around here.

At least we still had the fireworks over on Fort Hood to go to. One of the best fireworks shows in the state. . . . . and they had the combined fire departments of four municipalities present just in case.

And I thank all those who are currently "over there", defending our way of life and giving up the typical celebrations that we enjoyed. I'll raise my glass, mug, can to them . . . salute!

RR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts