Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is opening day here in central Tx. I took a friends son hunting for the first time, He is 15. He shot a nice 8 point after only about an hour and a half in the box. when he first saw it his eyes got like silver dollars. When he shot it it jumped straight up and run. We went to find it and did about 40 yards away. When he saw it on the ground his expression was better than shooting a deer myself. He thinks I did a great thing taking him, but I think I was the winner seeing his reaction.
Charlie

·
Registered
824 Posts
x4 . . . . . I remember watching my son dance up and down after shooting his first 8 pt buck. He had my .30/30 in one hand and was literally jumping up and down, rifle in hand, when he found where the buck finally dropped.

Congrats to both of you . . . him for getting the buck . . . you for sharing your love of hunting.

RR

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
wow i wish i had memorys of hunting with my dad or older family member or friend as a kid. i did not get to hunt for my first time till i was 17, useing a shotgun i barrowed from my grand father. at 18 i bought my own gun, and sucessfuly killed my first buck. i was exited no doubt, but at 18 things just arnt as cool as they were as a kid. what i would not have given to be able to go out as a kid. i can tell you for shure, my kids will have every opritunty to go out hunting with me once they are ready. my son who is 9 is ready in every aspect exept the fact that he is not a good enugh shot. once he is i will take every youth hunt weeked off from work, and if they wont give it to me i will just call in sick. i cant wait to see the look on his face when he kills his first deer. till then i much enjoy reading these kind of post. congrats to bolth of you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.