Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
antler width look as if , but body size is a little under weight , maybe ? I got some nice pics a couple weeks ago. I hope to get back in there this week to check again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
antler width look as if , but body size is a little under weight , maybe ? I got some nice pics a couple weeks ago. I hope to get back in there this week to check again.
yea its hard to tell this time of year cause their bodies are so much different than they will be in oct and nov. i'm not going by the antler. i'm looking at the waddlie thing on the brisket, slight sag in the back, pretty good belly all the way back. might only be 2:confused:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I don't know about the deer up there but that looks like a 3.5 at least to me. The mass at the base of the antlers looks pretty good. I think he will be a nice one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know about the deer up there but that looks like a 3.5 at least to me. The mass at the base of the antlers looks pretty good. I think he will be a nice one.
not much different than those mountain bucks down there, buckshot. maybe a little heavier on the average but not much.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
this is a really good looking deer for sure but I think i'd have to guess it as a 2yo.
This isn't a good frontal shot but It doesn't appear to have developed a typical broad chest yet,
his front shoulders still have that forward narrow appearance rather than that Shoulder back chest out look
so that's why I lean a little toward this being a younger deer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you may be right bb. i'm really not sure either way. maybe i'll get a pic this fall.......with me holding on to the antlers. grin

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Holding onto the antler pics, always make the best pics... :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts