Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a cheap shotgun for my daughter & found this $218 new
would like to know if anyone has an H&R pump gun & your thoughts on it?

· Registered
811 Posts
Dont own one, yet. Its just a cheaper version of an 870 express. I've heard its actually better made than an 870 express: metal trigger guard, thicker receiver, better finish etc.. I've looked at getting one of the Pardner Protectors, the ones I've looked at seem pretty nice for $200.

· Premium Member
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks I may just get one if I can upgrade it with a full size butt stock for when she gets older & for when I whant to use it. funny thing I saw was it takes Mossberg/winchester/browning chokes
thought most of the cheaper guns like my Charles daly took Remington
at least it does use a common choke

· Premium Member
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it looks like I will be getting two of them going to pick up the pardner 20Ga for my daughter & the Excell semi for me wish they had the excell in 20 Ga my daughter really wants us to have a matching set (GIRLS HUH)
I guess she will have to live with matching camo just glad she hates pink

· Premium Member
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SEARCH Continues

well was told Friday the Pardner youth pumps have been discontinued So looks like the young one is costing me more money looks like I will be ordering a new Mossberg youth 500-505 20 ga only a couple hundred more then I want to spend but hopefully in a couple weeks when she bags her first bird it will all be worth the money I spent

· Registered
811 Posts

· Premium Member
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I picked up the guns I ended up getting the black Excell camo was backorderd & I picked up my daughter a slightly used Winchester ranger 120 20ga so now I am in search of a stock or this one will get hacked next weekend will shoot them tomorrow & let you know how they shoot

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.