Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know its gonna hit the fan now with the tragedy in Arizona.God bless the victims and i dont want to sound cold but for the life of me with a U.S.Congress member where was security?

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
I havent got to see much of the news coverage on the tragedy. Just from the bits Ive picked up it sucks in the worst way.

I did see a pic of the shooter. That dude looked like a whack job. I would like to whack him a few times.

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, congress and house members only get security when it's called for (if threatened or attacked or any attempts at either) OR,
the member can request security even if they only think they are in danger.

the part that's really making me steam are the idiot politicians using this tragedy as a campaigning arena, like Bernie (piece of crap) Sanders ,,, it's disgusting.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bruce i cant understand this even when a mayor has an event there are a couple of local cops there.This was a member of congress,the sheriff dropped the ball here.dont you think at least a couple of rent a cops.From what ive heard a woman and man stopped him from reloading.

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
Spiker I agree & yes a few people jumped him & an older woman took the clip from him while trying to reload
did anyone watch the memorial last night was listening to the tv as I was falling asleep what the heck was with that was it a memorial or an Obama pep rally did not get that at all

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
I understand what you're saying and I agree but some of the politicians questioned about whether there's a lack of security or a need for adding more security, and the ones that were asked said it isn't necessary for "all" politicians but they all said security is available when ever or where ever it is needed..
But I see your point and I agree, I dont think it would be a bad idea for each politician to have at least one armed guard during public events and I hate to say it but the sad fact is, If someone sets out and plans to kill someone else chances are, there's going to be a killing, some historic examples are, Abe Lincoln, Martin Luther King, Robert Kennedy, John Kennedy, Lee Harvey Oswald. Each of them had security during the times they were killed.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
...watch the memorial last night was listening to the tv as I was falling asleep what the heck was with that was it a memorial or an Obama pep rally did not get that at all
GFD- I said the exact same thing to my wife! I told her, how would you like to have a memorial or funeral where people were clapping every 10 seconds? talk about stupid and disrespectful. Obama talked for way too long, once again, it was done to make him look better. In my eyes it failed.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
this whole eent sadens me. first of all it in its self was tradgic. then all the finger pointing. they tryed to blame this on the right wing, and the tea party, and clame that he did not act alown. even going as far as to blame it on Sara Palin for putting up a target on her disterict durring the elections. but they clamed that sara had put the cross hairs on her face. al of wich was proven falce in the days sence. he has no political affileiation, he acted alown, and he was nothing more than some wack job junky who talked about wanting to kill cops on myspace, and bieleved that the govt was trying to use mind controll through grammer. yes grammer. last time i checked the time in our history when or leaders grammer was the best was when they were founding our countery, and righting the constitution. a document wich was desinghned to protect us from our own govt. but now that we do have a POTUS that would like to control the masses his grammer is so good that hemade this statment seeral months back " in this situation the camberage police acted stupidly." guess there not using grammer. and even now that all this has been proven Obama still tryed to pass the blame on to conservitivs, and tell us to tone down the rederac durring the memorial services. seroiusly een if your gona pull that crap, a memorial service is not the time or place for it. and i can garenty you that they will be trying to pass more gun control laws because of this. when in fact, even though he talked about wanting to shoot cops. earlyer in the same day he had his chance to do just that as he was pulled over by one, and he did nothing. why? cause cops hae guns. he did not want a gun fight, he wanted an unarmed victom. and that is eactly what he got with this congerass woman. the news has also done there best to not report about the young man whe was near by at a gas station, who apon hearing the shots ran to his truck, grabed his gun and ran to the sene of the crime, willing and prepaired to put himself in danger and use his gun to protect people. but by the time he got there the shooter had already been subdued. now is not the time for finger pointing, the blame game, and telling us to tone down the rederac, and ferther deiding our nation, that had absolutly nothing to do with this wack jobs motives. now is the time for coming together, prying for the lifes lost, and the speedy, and full recovery of the wonded including this congerass women.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I read this on Facebook today and I thought it was pretty good.....
For the people who are calling for stricter gun laws because of the tragedy in Tuson, may we offer this tidbit: If guns kill people, pencils misspell words, cars drive drunk, spoons make you fat. Remember hold the person responsible for their action, not the means they chose to utilize!!!! Law abiding citizens go by the law not the criminals.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I was listening to American Family Radio the other day and liked what I heard from one of their commentators -- For those who want to take away our Second Amendment rights, I say that more people need to do their part in getting a concealed handgun license/permit and then exercise their right to carry. If someone/anyone had been there with a concealed handgun, just think of the lives that could have been saved.

I have a CHL, AND carry whenever I'm out around town. Mama thinks I'm off my rocker wanting to carry ALL THE TIME, but this tragedy out in AZ just confirms the reasons why I carry. Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now. Just my $.02 worth.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They see a oppurtunity and i knew this would happen.These same people should realize its the size of our mite and the threat of overwhelming force thats lets us all sleep in peace everynight.

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
Doesn't really matter what they'd like to do, those who would try taking away our gun rights, there's a larger % of 2nd Amendment Supporters in the house and senate right now that would protect us against anyone who would try to tamper with our 2nd amendment rights.
Of course some are going to spout off but the other side just doesnt have the numbers needed to cause any concerns so at this point I'm sure it's safe to say, no worries for now, but that doesn't mean we can let down our guard and our Supporters know that too...

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
If guns kill people, pencils misspell words, cars drive drunk, spoons make you fat. Remember hold the person responsible for their action

I agree! Guns can't kill people, they have to have someone pull the trigger.

also- that's the problem with our society... no one gets held responsible for their actions anymore.... that's part of the reason why our country is the way it is.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
I agree with all the points made here.

Would also like to add if we strung this dude up (the guy who did the killing) on the town square in AR and continued to be tough on criminals from here on out a lot of folks would think twice before commiting a crime.

Look at how many repeat offenders we have.

In my book if you mess with a little kid in an inappropiate form or kill someone you should get strung up in town upside down naked and let the law abiding citizens do what they want. Less tax dollars wasted. No repeat offenders. (cuz their dead)

Some will not agree with me but I still am of the mind of "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth."

Murder someone you should be killed. Molest little kids = tying you up to a telephone pole and letting every dad in town stop by to beat the crap out of you. And then death by firing squad.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
I agree, those have to be the two worst crimes ever. If they don't do what BF said, they should at least be in PRISON FOR THEIR WHOLE LIFE. I have a hard time understanding why a child molestor should be set free. In a way, he/she has "killed" that little kid on the inside, mentally, emotionally, physically. That kid will NEVER be the same. In my eyes, we're rewarding the dummy who did the crime by letting him out after only a few years.

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
Tator I agree w/ one exception

" they should at least be in PRISON FOR THEIR WHOLE LIFE."

I would only like to see Life in prison if their life lasts like an hour these people should be removed from this earth & if need be the rest of their gene pool

·
Registered
13 Posts
How many people own firearms (rifles, shotguns, handguns, whatever) and don't do anything stupid like this guy did? Do the lawmakers ever take that into consideration? The percentages would be staggering.

Unfortunately, I live in NY, where it's easier to sell snow cones in hell than it is to get a concealed carrying permit, or I'd have mine already.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts