Deer Hunting Forums banner

Ground blind chair

4K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  frontiergander 
#1 ·
I have two tri-pod seats now and after about two hours my butt is sore, I tried a bigger chair this past weekend turkey hunting with my son, one with arm rest like from Walmart. It worked great but I was only calling for the boy and did not have to fool with the gun and I couldn't even think of trying to how hunt out of that kind of chair.
Question would be does anyone know of a fold up with backrest but no arm rest and kinda small ?

#5 ·
That's too short, that would be about what I think I want though if it were taller. That's made for sitting at base of a tree not tall enough to sit in blind with. What I like about the tri pod seats I got now is they fold up small enough they fit in the carry bag with my blind but they are just too small for my wide butt anymore these days to sit in over a long time lol. Guess I should change my question to what kind of seat are you other blind hunters using that would bow hunt from and at times need the room for two plus gear. Was looking at something like this on eBay item # 270954182007

#6 ·
have you tried using a 5 gallon bucket and buying one of those camo-swivel-cushioned seats? I bought me a couple 2 winters ago at MENARD's when they had a big sale on their hunting stuff. They snap on your 5 gal bucket easily and they are quiet.

#7 ·
Yeah Tator I use a bucket like that fishing the lake from the bank in winter when they have it dropped down to witer pool level but i realy think I want a back rest and less bulk. I think I'm going to go with a pair of chairs like the eBay chair I listed. I found one with a storage pouch in the seat, it all folds flat and it looks as it can be used with back rest up or down.

#13 ·
i got a buddy that has one of them chair blinds and neither of us like it, hes got the one man chair blind from ameristep. you only have one shot and if you move at all the whole blind shakes, can get by with that on deer but turkey arent having any part of that lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.