Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
I agree with huntingman's weight recommendations..

I use and love the 30-06. The old rule of thumb is for Deer 150gr or 165gr. I don't load 180gr unless I am going out west for Elk. The Nosler partitions and other controlled expansion bullets are wonderful, but not required for Deer. They aren't that hard to kill with a bullet in the boiler room. If you are not a reloader I would recommend either Remington green box core-locs in 150gr or 165gr, second manufacturer I would try in my rifle is the new Federal Fusion loads also in 150gr and 165gr. The new Fusion bullets are suppose to hold together better than there old standard bullet, the core-locs from Remington have always had a good rep for that. As was said in an earlier post I would get both weights from both companies and see what your rifle says you should use. Make sure the bore is clean and everything is nice and tight. Have fun, and welcome back to hunting.....

Karl

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.