Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Santa brought me my first gps. It is the garmin e trax. And I was told that I need to buy an extra $100 program for it to work is there any truth in this?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Depending on the model, you might need some additional software to get some features to work on your unit, but I would think that your built-in features should be enough to do basic navigating. I'd suggest starting with a good look at the owners manual and the Garmin website. Both of these should list what, if any, software is needed. Garmin is a great GPS. I have one that's about 14 years old (12XL) and it still gets the job done although it doesn't have color and all the other cool features of the newer models. What model did Santa get you? Good luck.

·
Registered
394 Posts
onehorse is right I have a Garmin that is a couple of years old and all the software should be loaded for basic navigation. There are features on mine as well that will not work unless I buy the upgrade and download them. Have fun with it!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Santa wife... I mean clause. Got me the venture hc modle. It has all sort of neet features. I just didn't want to take it in the field and get lost with a gps that don't work. Ha ha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts