Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in a steel track excavator today around 2ish and stopped the machine to adjust the earphones and stuff when the machine started "swaying" a little bit from side to side. That never happens. It felt like a huge blast of winds one after another but it was not windy that much. I looked at the ground thinking I was in a swamphole or something and nothing but solid ground. Come to find out there was reports of a 5.0 earthquake in Canada up North a little ways. NorthEasterners you all doing OK....BB, ronn, HuntNH and anybody I missed????????

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
All's well here in Vermont, I didn't feel a thing at my home but some folks felt it in the surrounding areas....

·
Registered
388 Posts
I was at work when it hit and everything on the lab bench started shaking. A coworker and I didn't know what was going on. I had never felt an earthquake so that never came to mind. I found at later that it was an earthquake. No damage and all is ok at work and home. That is some amazing earth power to be felt so far away.

·
Registered
68 Posts
There were reports of it being felt in Western Pa. People on the ground and 2nd stories of buildings didn't feel it but those higher than the 2nd reported feeling swaying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts