Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
harvested a nice little sow today. will eat good. another public land hunt.

Attachments

R

·
0 Posts
sometimes i wish we had those things running around but i think they would totally wreck an already poor deer population.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
yummy lookin Pork! Well Done :thumbup:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys. ronn, they are fun to hunt but very destructive to the farmers crops and the ground in general. if i remember, next time out will snap some photos of what is left behind when they are done eating. getting a ham ready for the smoker now. that will be another post in the recipes. lol

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hopefully will be posting a few more hogs in the weeks to come. can chase these guys around on public land right up until turkey season. mid- march.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How do they taste compared to a regular pig? I had a pig roast over the summer and it was out of this world.
not much different. i prefer it over store bought. store bought seems alittle salty to me. Alot less fat also.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i want to try that one of these days i hear the carolinas have good hunting for hogs

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i want to try that one of these days i hear the carolinas have good hunting for hogs
just about every state in the S.E. is ate up with hogs. doesn't take many to get a population going. once they are established somewhere, look out. just watch out if you plan on using a guided outfit. really check into them. down here in florida we have some outfitters that are ridiculous. up to $900.00 for a trophy hog.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
gonna head out in the morning to another management area, see if i can't post another pic. lol

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
just about every state in the S.E. is ate up with hogs. doesn't take many to get a population going. once they are established somewhere, look out. just watch out if you plan on using a guided outfit. really check into them. down here in florida we have some outfitters that are ridiculous. up to $900.00 for a trophy hog.
I've always heard that Florida was the hot spot if you want to hunt for Hogs but no hog is worth 900 bucks :crazy: GEEEESH !!!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've always heard that Florida was the hot spot if you want to hunt for Hogs but no hog is worth 900 bucks :crazy: GEEEESH !!!
i don't think so either. when i was guiding, i was charging $200.00 per person/ 2 pig limit. trophy kicked in when a hog had over 3" of cutters. then trophy fee was another $200.00. which wasn't bad compared to other outfitters.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Well your rates were very reasonable for anyone looking to hunt hogs even the added Trophy rate still kept it affordable and well worth it. :thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts