Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
That's a nice wide, heavy-horned rack and a great-looking mount. I was a taxidermist for about 25 years, and will tell you the woman who did that wall pedestal mount really knows her stuff. I hate to see great deer mounted in anything less than a great taxidermy job. By the way, the new world record elk, shot in Utah a couple of seasons ago, looks terrible (in my opinion) sort of like the guy wanted to do the mount "on the cheap". I saw this up close a few months ago and was very disappointed! Too bad.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Definetly one of those things where you get what you pay for. It pays to do your homework and then sit back and be patient.She told me in December that she was in a block and had to walk away for a while until she could put all of herself into it and I said no problem. There are taxidermists who are like mass production and all mounts look alike. I wanted someone that would put some character and realism into it and she hit a home run. I would reccomend her anytime.

·
Registered
852 Posts
There are others waiting in the woods...

I have read several times about guys that head into the woods to the area that one as pretty as yours was taken. According to multiple authors a beauty like yours shared his great genes with a lot of does. Another buck should be growing up at this minute just like his daddy. If your wife will forgive you, another one just like it would be a great set of bookends on a room.

Karl

1 - 13 of 13 Posts